Kirbtech offers information technology consulting for small businesses in Carlisle, but we’re much more than an IT company. Learn about our history, what we value, and how we build a strong partnership with every client.
We are a local company who provides trustworthy technology services.
Since our launch in 2007 by Kirby Witmer, the Kirbtech team has grown into a group of dedicated personnel. We are locally owned and operated near the beautiful town of Carlisle, Pennsylvania. We strive to offer honest and reliable technical support for every client.
Our business had humble beginnings, and it’s since become a reliable and established tech company in Carlisle. While we’ve grown since 2007, we still hold onto the values that make us personally invested in your company’s success. Follow our complete history from the beginning to the present day.
2007 – Founded by Kirby Witmer in a small converted one-car garage.
2011 – Acquired the hardware and networking clients of ABC Software in Lebanon, PA.
2012 – Acquired the managed IT service clients for Joe Farrell Associates in Mechanicsburg, PA, who was retiring from the industry to pursue travel and photography.
2012 – Changed corporate structure to a partnership.
2013 – Moved from the original office into a larger newly remodeled office.
2017 – Acquired Aardvark Computers Inc. which was founded in 1991 by Frank Masland and provided IT Services & Computer Repair to businesses in the Cumberland Valley.
2019 – Acquired Unified Solution Group (USG), a IT and telecommunications company in Chambersburg, PA.
After years of development, we’ve held onto the values that inform our service, maintaining quality, reliability, and consistency in everything we do.
Our desire is to honor God in everything we do. This focus inspires us to serve others as we live out our core values. Our core values set the foundation of our culture and guide us in every business decision.
- Do everything with integrity
- Exceed customer’s expectations
- Operate efficiently and competitively
- Continue improving our knowledge and skills
- Promote an enjoyable team environment
We specialize in serving small to medium sized businesses in every industry. Some of our most commonly served industries include: Accountants, Law Offices, Agriculture Companies, Nonprofits, Churches, Manufacturing, and Construction Companies. We also serve drop-in customers and can provide onsite support for any customer that has a technical need.
Our Commitment to You
In alignment with our values, we dedicate ourselves to our customers to deliver the best results. Our commitment to you includes:
- Friendly support: When you work with an IT company outside of your team, the process is easier and more enjoyable when the IT experts are kind and respectful toward you and your employees. We strive to bring a positive attitude to our services to ensure we build a strong professional relationship with your business.
- Comprehensive service: IT support is only meaningful for your business if the services address your needs. We commit to comprehensive service with every client, regardless of your company’s size, industry, or IT priorities.
- Collaboration: We commit to listening to your needs and wants. When clients come to us, they often have a vision for their IT infrastructure. We take the time to listen to your ideas first, then offer suggestions based on what’s possible and within your budget.
- Creative solutions: Some IT problems are less straightforward than others. When IT challenges arise, we commit to creative solutions that meet your team’s needs. With our advanced capabilities and capacity to innovate, we make technical support accessible at a competitive cost.
Much like those we serve, we’re a locally owned business, which is why we want you to know who you’re working with. Get to know the members of our team and how they serve your IT needs. Our employees are the reason we’re able to bring you excellent service every time you need it.
Kirby WitmerPartner/Director of Technology & Service
At 17 years old, Kirby took his first real job with a computer software company and hasn’t looked back. In 2007, He founded Kirbtech LLC. A passionate student of the technology industry, he has closely followed each new trend as they emerge. Technology isn’t the only thing Kirby is passionate about. He loves being a dad and spending time with his wife and four children as well as hunting, fishing, and reading.
Nolan SnyderPartner/Director of Finance & Operations
Nolan joined the Kirbtech team and brought his passion for organization and small business with him. As one of the managing partners, he loves crunching and analyzing business numbers and processes while finding ways to make things better and more efficient. Having owned and operated small businesses of his own, he knows what it takes to build a successful business and enjoys helping customers do the same. Nolan loves spending the weekends with his wife and two children. He enjoys using technology to make his home more energy efficient and automated.
Merlin HaltemanPartner/Director of Managed Services
Merlin joined the Kirbtech team in the spring of 2012. He spends a lot of time engineering our managed services solution and migrating customers to Office 365. When he’s not at work, He enjoys spending time outdoors; baseball, volleyball, fishing, hunting, and kayaking.
Troy WitmerPartner/Director of Sales & Marketing
Troy joined our Kirbtech team in the summer of 2013. His primary role at Kirbtech is Sales and Marketing. When not at work, you’ll find him traveling the world with his wife or in the great outdoors archery hunting and kayaking.
Frank E. Masland IVSenior IT Technician
Frank joined the Kirbtech team with the acquisition of Aardvark Computers in the fall of 2017. His vast experience/insights in the technology fields and his knowledge of the Carlisle area bring valuable insights to our team. His family has been a mainstay of the Carlisle community for decades. As of May 2021, Frank has decided to retire.
Rob HoffmanSales/Senior IT Consultant
Rob joined our team in January of 2018 but has decades of experience in the technology field, including a few years as an IT trainer/instructor. His knowledge of specific manufacturing, warehousing, and medical systems has been very valuable to our team. On-off hours, he enjoys spending time with his family, singing in a band, or tinkering with his 3D printer.
Randy FettingSenior Sales Engineer
Randy joined the Kirbtech team with the acquisition of USG in the fall of 2019 and brings a wealth of telecom knowledge to our team.
As our secretary, Bethany’s friendly personality allows her to provide great customer service in person or by phone. She is always ready to help you or refer you to a technician that can handle your request. While not in the office, she enjoys hanging out with friends and shopping.
Taylor KirkpatrickNetwork & Telecom Engineer
Taylor joined our team with the acquisition of USG in the fall of 2019 and is involved in most of Kirbtech’s network, phone, and camera system deployments. He resides in Chambersburg, PA with his wife and two children. Also, he’s an expert in wood-fired pizza which is always a hit in our office.
Garrick DavisIT Technician
Garrick has spent quite a few years working in Tech Support & Project Management for large corporations, which brings valuable insights and experience to our team. most days, He is on the road with maintenance visits and service calls. He resides in Shippensburg, PA with his wife and three children and loves to spend weekends kayaking.
Brent MartinIT Technician
Brent joined the Kirbtech Team in July of 2018. Most days you’ll him out and about in the beautiful Cumberland Valley installing new computers, servers, or doing general service work. After hours, he loves to tinker with tech and in the winter months, snowboarding.
James SwartzRepair Technician
James joined the Kirbtech team with the acquisition of Aardvark Computers in the fall of 2017. From replacing laptop screens to malware and antivirus removal, he spends the majority of his time repairing computers, building new ones, and preparing equipment for install.
Nathanael McNaughtonHelpdesk Technician
Nathanael joined our Kirbtech team in the Fall of 2016. His primary role at Kirbtech is managing our helpdesk while providing technical support and troubleshooting. Fascinated by tech from an early age, he loves all things tech. Evenings and weekends are spent volunteering at his local fire department, building robots, or flying RC planes.
Jaylin HaltemanHelpdesk Technician
Jaylin joined the Kirbtech team in the winter of 2020. His primary role at Kirbtech is managing our helpdesk while providing technical support and troubleshooting, monitoring your backups and ensuring our monitoring client’s computers stay up to date.
Managed IT Services and More With Kirbtech
In our commitment to comprehensive solutions, we bring you a wide range of IT services to address your business’s technology needs. Our portfolio of services includes:
- Managed IT: Your technology infrastructure can be challenging to manage on your own, especially when you’re running a small to mid-sized business. Managed IT is a way to handle various tech processes, like data backup, helpdesk support, and on-site visits. If you’re looking for ultimate IT support, our managed services are the way to go.
- Networks: When your network isn’t stable, you experience disruptions throughout the day that stand in the way of your success. Kirbtech handles cable organization, fiber optic networks, and much more to create a stable infrastructure for your business to run on all day.
- Servers: Much like a network, your server may cause disruptions if it’s underdeveloped. Our team can help you increase storage capabilities, create remote access, and introduce modern solutions like hybrid cloud and virtualization. Once we’ve done our job, you’ll enjoy improved efficiency and ease of use in the office.
- IP phones: Traditional phone services can make it challenging to manage call flow and handle voicemails. We can install a phone system that works through the internet to streamline communication and build trust with your customers.
- Cloud solutions: Data storage and communication within your team should scale with your business as it grows. With cloud solutions, your infrastructure is more accessible and adaptable, and Kirbtech makes the migration manageable.
- Camera systems: Every business has security needs, and our surveillance cameras can help. With internet connectivity, you can access footage from anywhere using your smartphone or computer.
- Computer repair: When you rely on technology all day, it can wear out and malfunction. Kirbtech specializes in computer repair to respond to those disruptive problems. Protect your data and save the expense of buying brand-new equipment when a component fails.
- Hardware: As your team grows, you need hardware to handle your IT processes. We offer a wide range of equipment, including custom-built desktops.
Whether you need one or multiple services, you can find the solutions that fit your business’s goals.
The Benefits of Working With Our Team
We bring our values and client commitment to every job, but there’s more to love about our IT services. With us, you gain:
- Scalable services: As your company expands, your needs change, and your IT support should reflect that. When you work with Kirbtech, we take the time to understand your changing priorities and create a service plan that reflects those needs. As your IT provider, we scale with you.
- Fast response times: IT issues can have a huge effect on productivity when left unaddressed. Our fast response times ensure you get a solution when you need it, so you can limit downtime and achieve more during the day.
- Remote support: Once you become a client, you gain access to our remote support software. When technical issues arise, our team can take over your computer and fix the problem from our Carlisle office.
- Free consultations: You only have to commit to Kirbtech when you know what we can do for you. During our free consultation, we’ll discuss your IT needs and identify the best solutions for your business.
- A dedicated team: Above all, Kirbtech is an IT company dedicated to your success. We pride ourselves on our work, and we build our services on a foundation of trust. We’re your long-term partner in technology development.