Server Solutions With Kirbtech
- Virtualization (Hyper-V & VMWare)
- Active Directory (including Azure Active Directory)
- File & Folder Permissions
- Network & Group Policy
- Server Replication & Redundancy
- Remote Access (RDS or Terminal Services)
- Hybrid Cloud
- Datacenter Storage
Servers are essential to IT infrastructure, whether you run a small business or a massive enterprise. However, server setups and ongoing management can seem inaccessible to small businesses, especially when you’re trying to stay within budget or keep hardware requirements to a minimum. If you currently rely on a server, there’s a good chance you can get more from it with professional monitoring support.
At Kirbtech, we recognize that server management is challenging when you run a small or mid-sized company. Our server monitoring services for central PA businesses help your operation make the most of your existing hardware. We can also help you migrate to more modern solutions like cloud setups and virtualization.
Speak to An Expert Call (717) 864-0610
How Server Management Works
Your server is a computer that delivers and collects information to and from other connected computers, known as clients. This vital piece of your IT infrastructure can work on a wide area network like the internet or a local network, like the one you use for your business. Even though we often think of servers as massive, room-filling machines, any computer can become one with the right software.
When you use the internet, you work through a server to access the information. Typing in a URL sends the page information to your web browser, which then sends it to your server. From there, the server finds and builds the data needed to create the page and delivers it to the browser to display. In a business setting, you might rely on multiple servers to manage different processes, such as various units to manage email, respond to printing requests, and house important files.
There are several server types you can use, which is why the proper setup and management plan are important. Outsourced server experts like Kirbtech can identify your business’s needs based on your daily processes, like printing, email, and file storage. With the correct server setup, you can optimize efficiency and keep up with everyday tasks.
In addition to having the correct types of servers, the computers you use for processing are essential to efficient network function. While these computers have hardware similar to any non-server, they need specific software, fast hard drives, and lots of RAM to handle high volumes of information.
As technology progresses, server capabilities become more streamlined and suited to modern data processing. Options like virtualization and remote access can make servers easier to use and more accessible for companies of all sizes. If you haven’t upgraded your data center design or installed new server systems lately, you might consider looking into installation or migration services to boost your in-house processing.
Server Monitoring Support to Meet Your Business Need
Does your organization require an on-premise server or data center? The Kirbtech team has the experience your business needs to deploy and management a new server solution for your data or line of business application. Our team can also assist with server migrations, maintenance, upgrades, and virtualization platforms.
The Benefits of Server Design Services
At Kirbtech, our wide range of server solutions addresses your business’s needs. With our server management and support, you can:
- Improve efficiency: Services like replication, data center storage and active directory keep your information organized and make it easier for several computers to operate on the same server system. If you have numerous employees handling the same tasks, our services will help them do so efficiently.
- Reduce hardware: Using virtualization or hybrid cloud services can help you eliminate in-house servers that take up space and require frequent maintenance. With the technology available, you can get more from your existing hardware to save space and minimize additional costs.
- Enhance security: Network policy, file permissions and more can change your accessibility and security within your server. Adding these features can ensure private information stays private and employees can only view the data necessary to their positions. Using virtualization can also help with disaster recovery, ensuring lost data can be backed up, re-collected and protected.
- Increase accessibility: Remote desktop services (RDS) allow your team to access their desktops and applications from different computers. This service can support telecommuters and employees using their own devices within the office.
- Save resources: If you have a complex server system at your office, you’re paying for it in terms of energy, hardware and physical space. You may also rely on an in-house IT professional to handle your setup. At Kirbtech, our services make it easy to reduce costs and save your resources. Eliminate any in-house needs and limit hardware usage when you trust our team with server upgrades, migration and maintenance.
- Scale with ease: When your team grows, you may find that your existing servers aren’t enough to handle the high levels of network traffic. Scalability is essential to keep up with your changing needs and reduce network interruptions. Whether you use virtualization or count on us for upgrades, we can prepare your business for growth.
If you’re not sure what you need to optimize your company’s servers, we’re happy to help you find direction. Before we dive into server solutions, our team will work with you to uncover your major pain points and what we can do to solve them.
How Common Are Servers?
With just about every business relying on at least one computer, servers are standard for companies of all sizes. Network sizes and server setups might vary based on scale and processing needs, but servers are present nonetheless.
You can find servers in every industry, including:
- Financial Firms
- Insurance Firms
- Law Offices
In small and mid-sized businesses like local insurance agencies, medical offices, and banks, operations may use just enough computers to make a local server necessary. In these instances, optimization helps you get the most from your server to keep your team productive and your customers happy.
Every industry has different priorities and processes they handle on the computer. Server professionals should consider these qualities when providing services. For example, a doctor’s office will have large file storage requirements to track patient health records. Insurance brokers, on the other hand, may need a server just for processing emails.
Network Management & Cabling
Smarter business needs smarter networking.
Access to your data in the office or on the go.
VoIP Phone Systems
Ditch old technology and do more with VoIP.
Security Camera Systems
Security and simplicity for your peace of mind.
Gain control, flexibility, and cost savings.
All your business hardware under one roof.
From failed hard drives to screen replacements.